Welcome to my blog! I am a Las Vegas based photographer who enjoys photographing blossoming bellies, newborns, babies, children, teens, love birds, and families. I am a natural light photographer who uses the beautiful surroundings of Las Vegas as my studio. I hope you enjoy reading and viewing each unique post!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Christiansen Girls

This shoot was pretty special for me. Not only have I had the pleasure of getting to know Alexis and her three beautiful girls, but I have also known her husband Wade since I was freshman in high school! We ran on the Cross country and track team together. He was kind of like my big brother on the team. Not only was he a good friend, but he did play a part in introducing to me his good friend who I had a minor crush on ;) Yup that would be the guy that I married and gave my whole heart to. You did good Wade, you did good!

Over the years we have stayed in contact and we have had the pleasure of meeting his beautiful family who is still growing. Three girls and one ? on the way! Congratulations! Watching her interact with her girls through some frustrating moments (and by frustrating I am referring to that kids do not always want their photos taken) I started thinking of how I can get with my own two girls. I had to stop during our shoot to ask her something I think all mothers feel and wonder about each other. I said, " Alexis, do you ever just feel like you are loosing it completely at the end of the day? Because I look at you with your three girls and you seem so calm and patient. I only have two girls and I feel frustration, lack of patience, and like I might just commit myself to the psych ward at the end of the day." All of this was followed by an awkward giggle hoping she didn't just call CPS on me. Much to my relief she grinned largely and shared her moments of exhaustion, frustration, and feeling out of control at times. It made me feel good that I am not the only one who absolutely loves being a stay at home mom and even wants more kids but at the same time wants to sometimes throw one out the window! hahahahahah Ok she didn't say that, I did! And for those of you who have no sense of humor...I AM KIDDING! :) Thank you Alexis for letting me know we are all human and nobody is perfect. We are doing the best we can to be the best mommies we can be.

Although these pretty little girls wanted little to do with getting their pictures taken (which happens people!) I still captured their sweet personalities. The weather was beautiful, their hand made dresses were fantastic, and there was even an exciting mountain rescue that took place. Don't worry, the climber just broke his foot but he was airlifted to safety. What an exciting day!

Overall, this day reminded me again of why I love photography so much. I get to have real life experiences with real people. I learn something from each family I work with.











Thank you Alexis for letting me photograph your daughters! I hope I can do more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment