Welcome to my blog! I am a Las Vegas based photographer who enjoys photographing blossoming bellies, newborns, babies, children, teens, love birds, and families. I am a natural light photographer who uses the beautiful surroundings of Las Vegas as my studio. I hope you enjoy reading and viewing each unique post!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Parts of My Soul

You would think because I am a photographer that I would have a million photos of my own kids. Okay, so I kind of do but I very seldom get the chance to REALLY photograph them. My camera usually hits the closet as soon as I am finished with a shoot; however, today I took a moment to reflect on my beginnings.

When I first started practicing photography I used my first born daughter as my muse. I have many beautiful images of her as a baby. I had all the time in the world to practice my craft on her. As dreams will have it, my hobby turned into a passion and from their into a business. I even threw in one more kid to the mix. Nope, I'm not busy, tired, overwhelmed, overworked, drowning in the deep sea! Just kidding! In all honesty it is hard to find that balance between family life, work, and the many other things that come with life. What was my point??? Oh yeah, I need to get back to my roots sometimes and just bust out the camera while my kiddos are being silly, carefree, innocent little angels and snap away.

This brings me to today. I really want to start doing a black and white portrait of my kids each year (a big one to hang in the hall) that captures them at that moment in their life. I grabbed some of my heels, pearls, headbands, and a tutu and let them do the rest. Really, the best photos shoots are those that are spontaneous, unplanned, and un-posed. This shoot happened in twenty minutes before my kids could catch on that I was having a field day of a photo shoot with them. So of course, the setting was not completely ideal, lighting was not perfect, and I didn't have time to adjust settings as quickly as they were moving. But in the end I captured something that was real, something that was beautiful, and something that was them to the core.

Inspired...I hope to push myself this year in my business to capture more of these kinds of things for others.

Canon 5D Mark III   Lens:85mm f/1.8

Enjoy my little beauties. Ages 1.5 and almost 4.5.



















No comments:

Post a Comment